The 10K e-course for active runners
Go farther and faster...
You’ve felt the thrill of completion, before
— crossing that finish line, feeling the rush of endorphins and pride, knowing you’ve done what you’ve chosen to do. There’s nothing better.
Except — running a little bit farther
Life after becoming a 10K runner...
- call yourself an 'athlete' without a pause
- discover new speeds thanks to interval work
- swap the sugar-high for an endorphin-high (it's better than any doughnut).
- travel to exotic new places just for races
- have the courage to finally sign up for that triathlon
- know how to pace yourself for a strong race finish
If you’re ready to take your running practice to the next landmark, our self-paced eight week 10K Course will give you the structure, the support, and the killer training plan to keep running... and running... and running.
I can't believe that I started out 8 weeks ago, barely able to run 5k without stopping for a walking break, and today I ran a 10k.
This course is the best!
The 8 weeks flew by and I've just ran my first 10K! I now run for the sheer enjoyment of it and I'm cheered on by my Up & Running friends from around the world. Me, a runner.
This course is for you if...
- you're ready to commit to a more intensive training regime
- you can train three times per week, for 50-60 minutes per session
- you can comfortably run 5K in around 35 minutes (if you're not quite there yet, our 5K Course or Bridge to 10K workouts will help boost your time).
What you’ll receive:
- A Warm-Up Weekend to crystalize your goals and reaffirm your commitment to running — before the workouts begin.
- Eight weeks of PDF training plans to take you to a 10K, created by expert Running Coach Julia Jones. You'll be doing three workouts per week, including exercises & drills. Just download. And dive in. Click here to view a sample training plan.
- Personal support in our members-only forum — post a question, and we’ll answer it within 24 hours on weekdays & 48 hours on weekends... every time.
- The Up & Running Gear Guide for active runners, packed with essential information on running shoes and gear.
- Access to a private Up & Running blog packed with high-inspiration videos, yoga stretches for runners, demos & drills, foundational anatomy lessons for injury prevention, and stories & interviews with women who run (and seriously rock).
- Check out our FAQs for more information on how the Course works
When do I start training?
Your first step is to sign up for your chosen 10K race, then use our whizz-bang calculator
below to find out what date you need to begin. Use the arrows on the calendar to find your race date, click on the date, then the day you need to start will appear below.
Your training starts 8 weeks before the big day.
Who’s running this thing?
That would be us! Up & Running
was created by expert Running Coach Julia Jones
and inspirational author & Community Director Shauna Reid
. We’ve got a beautiful blend of athletic prowess & community-building superpowers. Just ask our happy, healthy, highly-excitable e-course participants
Here’s something exciting... I can now go out for an easy run and do 10km. 10km! 1 hour! I can run distances I could only imagine driving by car, just two years ago. I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH and I feel like a rock star.
I am genuinely flabbergasted
that I started off as a real reluctant runner who plodded round 5km three times a week as a real chore. Each training session has been fun and with me being challenged, but not - uh - dead at the other end.
Our absolute promise.
- We’ll keep your inspiration tank full. We know that running is a physical, mental and emotional commitment — and we’ll keep you fuelled up with success stories, powerful training plans, and expert insights to keep you on track.
- We are your mentors, your cheerleaders, and your biggest fans. If we could show up at every single one of our e-course participant’s 10K finish lines, we would — with frosty Gatorade, a gold-plated trophy, and a gigantic bear hug.
- We know what we’re doing — and it shows. We’ve got testimonials galore. And we treasure each one.
- You will transform. No ifs, ands, or ever-shrinking butts about it. If you commit to the 10K training with even 50% of your heart, you will transform. Your body will change. You’ll discover new muscles you never knew existed. You’ll find inner reserves of commitment & power.
How do I sign up?
- Click the red button above to sign up.
- You'll be prompted to create an account for our Course website.
- You can pay with a credit card via Stripe, or with Paypal
- Once your payment has gone through, you'll see the 5K course dashboard. You can get started right away!
- Check your email for a Welcome message and details on how to create your Forum account.
- You're now ready to rock!
Another finish line. Then another. And another.
If you can run a 5K in around 35 minutes or less — and you’re ready for more
intensity and more
distance — then you’re ready for our 10K e-course.
Register now. And get Up & Running.