Start gentle. Start simple.
Start where you are.
Up & Moving, the six-week course for walkers — and future runners.
Because you were made to move.
Since we launched Up & Running we’ve had scores of requests for a stepping stone between the couch and our 5K Course. Introducing… Up & Moving!
- are completely new to exercise
- are returning to fitness after a break
- crave expert guidance + wildly encouraging support
- need a joint-friendly, low impact exercise option
- enjoying having a structured plan to follow
- want help reaching the recommended sub-12 minute/km walking pace to join our 5K Course
- are determined to make exercise a lifelong healthy habit.
… then Up & Moving is the perfect course for you.
Up & Moving gives you all the tools to get moving on a regular basis… and enjoying it too! A combination of walking and simple resistance exercises, this six week course is self-paced - so you can dive in and start training whenever it suits you.
Whether you're working towards the Up & Running 5K Course or you simply want to get fit, Up & Moving will help you get moving… and stay moving.
After 6 weeks of Up & Moving
combined with a healthier diet, I can now walk a kilometre in 10:30 (down from 13+ mins). I'm 20 pounds lighter and I have a lot more energy. I've turned a corner with my health-related habits and now thinking of doing the 5K Course. I can take this momentum and continue to incorporate movement into my life so that I never go back to that sluggish, low-energy gal of just 6 short weeks ago.
I'm loving not having to think... I just plug in the Up & Moving plan and reap the smugness!
Here's what you receive:
- Six weeks of practical, baby-step-by-baby-step PDF training plans created by expert running coach Julia Jones. You’ll be doing five workouts per week consisting of:
- Three walking workouts - easy to follow and adaptable to your own fitness level, including intervals and drills to boost your endurance (approx. 40 mins each)
- Two strength training workouts - simple yet kickass moves using your own bodyweight and household objects (approx. 20 mins each)
- Click here to view a sample training plan.
- Personal coaching support via our members-only forum — post a question, and we’ll answer it within 24 hours on weekdays & 48 hours on weekends...every time. We got you, babe.
- A Warm-Up Week to set your intentions, clear out self-critical beliefs, and prime your mind — before the workouts begin.
- The Up & Moving Gear Guide with essential information on shoes and gear.
- Access to a private Up & Moving blog packed with high-inspiration videos, self-discovery & journaling prompts, stories & interviews with women who move (and seriously groove).
- All for just £29. Check xe.com for latest exchange rates
- Check out our FAQs for more information on how the Course works
Who’s running this thing?
That would be us! Up & Running
was created by expert Running Coach Julia Jones
and inspirational author & Community Director Shauna Reid
. We’ve got a beautiful blend of athletic prowess & community-building superpowers. Just ask our happy, healthy, highly-excitable e-course participants
I love that with Up & Moving
walking regularly is now imprinted on my brain. It's so much easier to do the robot thing and jump out of bed. Although I've been an on and off exerciser for many years, there have been some long stretches of "off" after which I've needed to resume at beginner level. I could never find anything basic enough; many courses claim to be for all levels but in reality they're not always ideal for people at either end of the range. Up & Moving hits the sweet spot!
I've really enjoyed Up & Moving and I'm holding onto the things I've learnt. Firstly, I actually have to exercise rather than thinkin
g about possibly exercising - need that robot approach. I also need to plan in advance and put it in my diary. I accept that there should be variety and challenges within a workout - I had got into a rut of "going for a walk" which was really a stroll. I'm amazed (and delighted!) that I improved over 2 minutes on my 1km times over the six weeks. Those timed 1km are such an easy way to show that the effort brings results!
Thanks a lot for Up & Moving
, guys. I feel like I know what I'm doing. I'm actually completing a plan with progress built in and am moving forward. Also my legs feel like they are being woken up from a very long (horizontal) sleep!
Our absolute promise.
- We will get you Up & Moving — safely. This course is for absolute beginners - you don’t need any exercise experience at all to join us. It’s a safe, supportive and friendly space to start making moving a lifetime thing.
- We are your mentors, your cheerleaders, and your biggest fans. We know how daunting it can be to start exercising and we are dedicated to helping you find your groove.
- We know what we’re doing — and it shows. We’ve got testimonials galore. And we
treasure each one.
- You will transform. No ifs, ands, or ever-shrinking butts about it. If you commit to the Up & Moving programme with even 50% of your heart, you will transform. Your body will change. You’ll discover new muscles you never knew existed. You’ll find inner reserves of awesome. And the smugness that comes from a four-times-a-week exercise habit!
Ready to go?
Register now. And get Up & Moving