Yesterday my friend Lucia C. texted me asking if I wanted to go swimming with her the next morning.
Hmmm…morning… On one hand I knew it was the kick in the ass that I needed. On the other, swimming on a December morning give me the shivers just thinking about it. I knew what I needed so I answered, “I’ll be there”.
I set my alarm for early… and slept through it. I woke up again at 7.30, eeeek! I threw my clothes on and was in the water at 8.00. I didn’t have breakfast before because I thought it might upset my stomach. Afterwards it felt too late to have a proper breakfast without it interfering with lunch. So I opted for the most delicious cappuccino in a nearby coffee bar. Yum.
- Breakfast – 1 cappuccino
- Lunch – Baked potatoes and cauliflower + 1 leg of chicken + 1 apple + 20 hazelnuts
- Dinner – Fennel and Carrot salad with pumpkin seeds and vinaigrette + piece of frittata + 1 apple
- Exercise – 2000 meters swim
- Weight – * + 0.6 kg *
I had three chocolate truffles at work today, from a fancy Hotel Chocolat box that my colleague Lorraine received from a supplier. I was hungry at the time – I’d waited too long for my lunch break. I went out for a walk to clear my head but I still felt a little panicky… thinking of all the social events this week and then Christmas itself… was this a start of it all going to shit?
I remember a specific moment years ago, when a colleague offered me one those crappy little Celebrations chocolates from the big tin. I distinctly remember thinking f*ck it, it’s Christmas and ate the chocolate then about five more, kicking off a month-long bender and a mighty five kilo gain.
It’d be so easy to hit the F*ck It button again, or the I’ll Just Start Again In January button… but I’m keeping my head on. It was just three little truffles, they were bloody delicious. I’m an adult and I am in charge of this ship. Stick with the HAM Plan! So I came home and did my yoga and had a good dinner and knitted another terrible dishcloth.
- Breakfast – Latte. 3 rice cakes with 2 tbsp almond butter & a banana.
- Lunch – 3 chocolate truffles. Lentil soup. Lemon curd yogurt.
- Dinner – Baked potato with grated cheddar cheese. Steamed carrots and beans.
- Exercise – 30 mins walk. PM Yoga for Beginners DVD.