You’ll often see skipping featured in Up & Running workouts.
“Why are you making me do this?”
- it teaches you to use your feet, lift your knees and push off with your legs, all at the same time
- it helps stop you from “shuffling” instead of running as it gets your feet off the ground
- it’s fun!
Things to remember while skipping:
- Keep your elbows bent at a 90° angle and your hands relaxed.
- Use your arms for balance and “lift-off”. Remember to synchronize them with your skip: left leg lifts together with your right arm, right leg with your left arm.
- Don’t push UP, push FORWARD.
- Concentrate on your feet and push off with your forefoot.
Here is a video demonstration of how it’s done: