The Half Marathon e-course
For awesomely accomplished runners
Twenty one kilometres; thirteen miles - however you measure it, the half marathon is a long way to run. We’ve got all the tools and support to get you crossing that finish line. We promise, wearing a shiny medal around your neck has never felt so good.
Because you’re moving into more challenging territory now, the Half Marathon course works a little
differently from our 5K and 10K offerings. Rather than starting at fixed times, the Half Marathon course is self-paced – so you can dive in and start your training whenever it suits you.
If you’re hungry for a big challenge and ready to commit to an intensive training experience — this 12-week course will give you the structure and support to go farther than ever before.
I ran my first half marathon in 2 hours and 7 minutes. It was not easy, and neither was the training. However, with commitment to your goal and the excellent support and guidance from Up & Running, YOU CAN DO IT! I PROMISE!
What you’ll receive:
- A Warm-Up Weekend to hone in on your goals, prepare your mind and running gear, and focus your eyes on that 21 kilometre prize — before the workouts begin.
- Twelve weeks of PDF training plans created by expert running coach Julia Jones. Just download. And dive in. Click here to view a sample training plan.
- Personalised training in Week 1 you’ll perform an interval test so you can calibrate and personalise your interval workouts with the right training speed for you.
- Rock-solid support in our members-only forum — post a question, and we’ll answer it within 24 hours on weekdays & 48 hours on weekends... every time. You receive 14 weeks of access, starting from the date you begin your training.
- The Up & Running Gear Guide packed with essential information on running shoes, gear and gadgets to set you up for your 12 week adventure.
- Access to a private Up & Running blog packed with coaching insights, demos & drills. Plus we delve into running styles and mechanics to get you running smoother and faster. There’s also our ever-popular interviews with women who run (and seriously rock).
- Check out our FAQs for more information on how the Course works
When do I start training?
Your first step is to sign up for your chosen half marathon race, then use our whizz-bang calculator
below to find out what date you need to begin. Use the arrows on the calendar to find your race date, click on the date, then the day you need to start will appear below.
Your training starts 12 weeks before the big day.
Who’s running this thing?
Up & Running
was created by expert Running Coach Julia Jones
and inspirational author & Community Director Shauna Reid
. We’ve got a beautiful blend of athletic prowess & community-building superpowers. Just ask our happy, healthy, highly-excitable e-course participants
Up & Running helped me to make peace with my body and see it in a totally different way. I wasn’t strong, but I could run 5k. I was not thin, but I could run 10K. I was 40 with cellulite and floppy boobs but I could run 21K. Not everyone can do that!
Our absolute promise.
- We’ll keep you fired up ‘til the finish line. The half marathon is a big physical, mental and
emotional commitment — and we’ll keep you on track with success stories, powerful training regimes, and expert coaching insights.
- We know what we’re doing — and it shows. We’ve got testimonials galore.
Get set for your next running adventure.
If you can run a 10K in 70 minutes or less — and you’re ready for an exciting, efficient, totally doable
12-week training adventure — then you’re ready for our Half Marathon e-course.
Register now. Gift a spot
to a friend. Circle your race date on your calendar with a big red marker. And get Up & Running