In Running Roundup we share links about running – or not about running at all – that have warmed our cockles. If you’ve spied a story or have one of your own to share, give us a shout!
- Can knitting give you a runner’s high? - Gaim blog
“Some even refer to knitting as ‘the new yoga.’” Hmmm. We have a high ratio of knitters on the Alumni Forum; I’ll have to ask them to compare their two highs! Big thanks to Sara for sharing this link with me way back in February.
- Race Report: Julia Jones Running Festival Half Half Marathon – Philippa @ Skinny Latte Strikes Back
“I sprinted towards the finish line, where I could see all the U&R ladies who had already finished waiting on the other side cheering. The announcer also called out my name – “FILL-EE-PA MOOR-AY!” – as I crossed the line. It was awesome, I felt like a rockstar”
- On body image and self-worth – Erin @ Design for Mankind
Taking clothes to a tailor for alternations is a rare thing in our off-the-rack age, but Erin writes in her thought-provoking post, “We take our body to the tailors instead”.
- Try this trick – buffering – Sarah Wilson
Cool ideas for creating some breathing space between the crazyass busy moments of your day
- Coastal run with iconic backdrop bonus - Margaret @ The Unfinished Sentence
Feast your eyes on the gorgeous photos from a run beneath the famous Forth bridges in South Queensferry, Edinburgh