The 5K e-course for total beginners
Hit the ground running, on Monday 2 March 2015
: it’s not just for sporty ladies with six-pack abs & bouncing ponytails. It’s for manically busy moms. It’s for intellectual bookworms. It’s for curvy girls, skinny-minnies, and everything in between. It's for YOU.
Life after becoming a runner...
- keep up with your super-energetic kids
- be one run away from a great mood
- feel more confident jumping into a spontaneous softball game (or bike ride)
- become fearless and finally start those horseback riding lessons or Italian classes
- eat kale with enthusiasm and joy (coz now you want to help your body run better)
- you finally call yourself a runner
Join our 5K Course for beginners, and discover the transformative power of running. We’ll bring the wisdom, the guidance and an amazing training plan that will get you to 5K, safe and strong.
You just show up — and run
Up & Running sh*ts all over Couch to 5K! Shauna and Julia should be knighted (damed?) for getting me running.
Up & Running really has been the best thing I have done for myself in years, and not just for the running. My confidence and happiness in my own skin has increased so much and I love what my body can DO, rather than obsessing about what it looks like.
This course is for you if...
- you're completely new to running or you've returning to running after a break
- you've struggled in the past to complete generic run/walk training plans
- you can train three times per week, for 45-50 minutes per session
- you can comfortably walk one kilometre in around 12 minutes (if you're not quite there yet, our Up & Moving course is perfect for you).
What you’ll receive:
- A Warm-Up Week to set your intentions, clear out self-critical beliefs, and prime your mind for that finish line — before the workouts begin.
- Eight weeks of practical, step-by-step PDF training plans created by expert running coach Julia Jones. Tried and tested by thousands of runners around the world. Just download. And dive in. Click here to view a sample plan.
- Personal coaching support in our members-only forum — post a question, and we’ll answer it within 24 hours on weekdays & 48 hours on weekends... every time. Plus, you'll have the motivating company of your fellow runners!
- Access to a private Up & Running blog packed every weekday with inspiring & instructional videos, practical running advice, self-discovery activities, & interviews with women who run (and seriously rock).
- The Up & Running Gear Guide for total beginners, with essential information on running shoes and gear.
- All for just £39 for a total of 9 weeks. That's about 61p per day - much less than a bar of chocolate! For other currencies, check xe.com for latest exchange rates
- Check out our FAQs for more information on how the Course works
Who’s running this thing?
That would be us! Up & Running
was created by expert Running Coach Julia Jones
and inspirational author & Community Director Shauna Reid
. We’ve got a beautiful blend of athletic prowess & community-building superpowers. Just ask our happy, healthy, highly-excitable e-course participants
What Julia and Shauna do goes way beyond my expectations for an online class. I came here expecting training plans and a little more, but what I have received is a golden ticket for the Wonka factory.
I'm so grateful to you both for creating this incredible program. I feel fitter, happier and more motivated than I have in years. I call myself a runner now and have so many running dreams and aspirations to pursue. What’s even better is that I know that with Up & Running I can achieve them… where have you been all my life?
I was pretty confident I’d finish the 5K Course, but I really didn’t expect to love it so much that I’d keep running
. And I definitely didn’t expect to love the forums so much – so many amazing women: supportive, funny and all just trying their best.
Our absolute promise.
- We will get you Up & Running — safely. You don’t need to be an Olympic athlete or even a once-a-week jogger to join. We’ve designed it with total beginners in mind. And we’ll show you how to take care of your muscles — and your mind.
- We are your mentors, your cheerleaders, and your biggest fans. You'll have our constant support as you tackle this challenge. If we could show up at every single one of our participant’s 5K finish lines, we would — with frosty Gatorade and a gigantic bear hug.
- We know what we’re doing — and it shows. We’ve got testimonials galore. And we
treasure each one.
- You will transform. No ifs, ands, or ever-shrinking butts about it. If you commit to the 5K training with even 50% of your heart, you will transform. Your body will change. You’ll discover new muscles you never knew existed. You’ll find inner reserves of commitment and power.
That finish line? Consider it crossed.
Register now. And get Up & Running