(…and if you’re the only runner in your life, treat yourself!)
- You cannae beat the Up & Running Training Diary for recording your feats of athleticism (modelled by the lovely Minna below!). Spiral bound, beautifully designed, full of inspiring essays and a perpetual format so you don’t have to wait til January 1 to get started…
- Do you have a cyncial-but-tinged-with-wistfulness “Running? yeah, I could never be a runner” friend? Grab them a copy of the wonderful Jill Angie’s brand new book, Running with Curves: Why You’re Not Too Fat to Run, and the Skinny on How to Start Today. Jill did our very first 5K Course and these days is kicking butt as a personal trainer and weight coach, plus recently ran the Philadelphia Half Marathon!
- Jill’s book would go beautifully with a gift certificate for the Spring Up & Running 5K Course! We also have 10K and Half Marathon course gift certificates.
- My sister swears by this Footeez foam roller for post-run muscles. Great for IT band, feet, shins, glutes, you name it! And small enough to chuck into your suitcase so no excuse to skip your rehab exercises.
- Sunscreen is a runner’s best friend. Well, aside from running shoes. And running bras. ANYWAY. My friend Denise got me onto this UV PLUS HP Ecran Multi-Protection from Clarins. It’s very light and smooth and doesn’t leave your face greasy. Pricey, but a little goes a very long way. Also great under makeup. You could give it as part of a nice wee Runner’s Recovery toolkit, along with some nourishing lip balm, a fancy bath soak and some black-toenail-disguising nail polish.
- Everyone loves a gift voucher… always feels like a green light to get that really fancy or bonkers item we’d be reluctant to buy on our own dime! Wiggle has a great range and free shipping to many countries.
Mega thanks to Up & Runners Celia, Minna and Paula for their fabulous input for this post!
What’s on your wishlist this year?