The weekend is nigh! Here’s some tasty reads to inspire, entertain and/or aid with Friday afternoon procrastifaffing.
- On flakiness and devotion – Alexandra Franzen
“People, we need to stop flaking out,” says the awesome Alexandra, “With a modicum of self-inquiry + honesty (‘Can I really devote to this? Do I really want this? Can I really afford this?’) we can avoid 99.9% of eventual flakedom.”
- Behold, the power of cropping – Rachel @ Clean
Ever frothed with envy or inadequacy upon seeing beautiful image on a food or lifestyle blog? Rachel dishes on the reality behind those “perfect” shots.
- Interview with Zoë Romano, the First Person to Ever Run the Tour de France - The Hairpin
Zoe ran the 2013 Tour de France route! Dude, I got tired just watching the blokes pedal up Alpe d’Huez on the telly, let alone run the whole race. Amazing!
- Sometimes, For Some Of Us, Pursuing What We Want Gets Tangled Up In Proving Our Worth - Karen Anderson
What do you want and why do you want it? Karen’s big lightbulb moment here is wonderful food for thought.
- Before you send your next professional email, read this - Tara Sophia Mohr
Before you send your next professional email, check out Tara’s cracking list of “5 undermining communication habits… then delete, delete, delete the ones that you find!”. Justs and Actuallys, begone!
If you’ve spied a story or have one of your own to share, please give us a shout.