Over breakfast this morning Evan asked me to feel his forehead. He felt fine but I got the message that he wanted one more day at home and I decided to give him that.
I’ve been feeling a bit off too. Not physically but mentally. I’ve been really sleepy and that’s a like a bell ringing for me to get my s*** together or else I go down the rabbit hole of depression. I have a sort of protocol when this happens and it goes something like this:
- dress in real clothes, not sweat pants.
- look presentable, even if I’m the only one I see that day.
- get some exercise to get endorphins in blood system
- get some sunlight for the same reason
- check a few things off any to do list I have going (of which there are several) so I feel like I’ve accomplished something.
I feel grateful today to have the HAM Plan in place; it made me feel very much in control of the situation.
- Breakfast - Caffe latte + 3 rice cakes with almond butter and honey
- Lunch - 1 cup of rice with veggies + 1 fuji apple
- Dinner - Curried chicken and peas + couscous + 1 piece of nougat (rather large but I made sure to enjoy it thoroughly!)
- Exercise - 7k walk
- Weight - * + 0.4 kg *
- Discovering that Gareth had rearranged the banana and two satsumas I’d put out on the kitchen bench last night into a cock-and-balls formation.
- Outstanding Lentil Soup! Made yesterday with the usual stuff: carrots, leek, turnip, celery, red and yellow lentils… but I added a tablespoon of a lovely mild Indonesian curry powder I brought back from Amsterdam (supermarket souvenirs are the best). My grandmother use to put a wee bit of curry powder into her famous winter stew. It doesn’t turn it into a curry; it just gives a savoury boost.
- Buying the Christmas issue of the Radio Times. When the Christmas Radio Times goes on sale and citrus fruit starts tasting amazing, it means it’s almost holiday time!